When You Should Consider Upgrading Your Water Heating Unit
Here in Western Massachusetts, water heaters play a pivotal role in our daily lives, no matter the season. As a responsible homeowner, you want to maximize the effectiveness of your water heater and therefore ensure your family’s year-round comfort. However, your water heater will not last forever–the time will arrive for an upgrade sooner than you may expect. We at Bay State Fuel Oil would like to provide you with five reasons to upgrade your water heater. We hope to help you recognize when you should replace your water heater, preventing unnecessary stress, discomfort, and waste of time.
5 Reasons to Upgrade Your MA Water Heating Unit
1. Decline Associated with the Unit’s Age Water heating units commonly last a decade, at which point they reach the terminal point in their lifespan. As your water heater ages, you’ll notice that your unit experiences reduced performance quality and efficiency. For improved efficiency and quality, consider an upgrade to a newer unit, particularly one that meets the highest efficiency standards.
2. Strange Sounds Although sounds emanating from your water heater do not necessarily pose a cause for alarm, any noises that deviate from the norm should grab your attention. These unusual sounds might indicate an underlying problem with your unit, such as sediment accumulation, not uncommon in systems nearing the end of their lifespans.
3. Costly Repairs & Breakdowns As water heaters age, breakdowns occur with increasing regularity and unpredictability. At a certain point, the poor efficiency of your heating unit can justify neither the cost of repairs nor the stress you experience. Thus, you might want to consider switching to a new and more efficient unit.
4. Rust & Lime Accumulation With the passage of time, your water heater slowly experiences the unpleasant effects of constant exposure to mineralized (or “hard”) water, a cause of lime accumulation. Likewise, age increases the risk of rust in your heater’s interior, which seeps into your water and further contributes to your unit’s decline. In both cases of accumulation, the resulting damage may require the installation of a new heater.
5. Tank Leaks Unfortunately, regardless of the age of your unit, leaks may occur. Sometimes these leaks may indicate a more severe underlying structural problem, for which repairs might not suffice. An upgrade may prove less costly and more rewarding in the long term.
Outstanding MA Water Heater Upgrades from Our Top-Notch Technicians
Regardless of the problems that require you to seek a water heater upgrade, Bay State Fuel Oil promises skillful, thorough, and affordable equipment installation by our top-notch technicians. You can count on our 24/7 heating service, whatever the time or season. Please contact us if you believe you need a water heating system upgrade!